United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County (UWGMWC) is currently seeking applicants for our 2018 Speakers Bureau Loaned Executive position. This assignment is a temporary position that begins July 16th and ends December 7th, 2018. The Speakers Bureau Loaned Executive is responsible for managing a variety of critical administrative functions housed within the Resource Development division. Particularly, by managing the operations of the UWGMWC Campaign Speakers Bureau, which is a group of key volunteers that speak at workplace engagements throughout the campaign. Additional responsibilities include: coordinating daily requests for speakers, building relationships with key agency program partner contacts, assisting with key events and volunteer projects, as well as performing general administrative tasks and additional projects as assigned. United Way is a recognized national brand and is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised through UWGMWC remain local and are invested in nearly 220-plus programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Gain a working knowledge of United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County.
• Coordinate and manage daily requests for speakers. • Develop and strengthen working relationships with all agency speakers and executive directors.
• Maintain and update Speakers Bureau lists with accurate contact information.
• Coordinate the collection of presentation feedback on a consistent basis and organize/evaluate/share results.
• Assist with miscellaneous events, volunteer activities and administrative tasks.
• Coordinate weekly agency speaker presentations for Loaned Executive and United Way staff.
• Attendance and participation required: Training – July 16 thru July 20, 2018 Formal training – August 6 thru August 17, 2018 Weekly report meetings and ongoing training sessions Community Campaign Kickoff – August 30, 2018 Community Closing Celebration – December 12, 2018 A Successful Speakers Bureau Loaned Executive Must Consistently Demonstrate
• Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• Well-developed administrative skills including experience in scheduling, taking notes, and responding to electronic and phone communication in a professional manner.
• High proficiency with computer applications, especially Word, Excel and the internet, Adobe Suite a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, maintaining high efficiency, timeliness and organization.
• A commitment to providing excellent internal and external customer service.
• Initiative to strengthen agency program partner relationships.
• Ability to build positive and strong relationships with Agency Speakers and Loaned Executive and United Way staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Initiative and ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Adaptability to a fast-paced environment with very high demands.
• Ability to represent United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County in a consistently professional manner. Why Apply?
• LEs gain comprehensive sales, management and presentation skills.
• LEs are exposed to unique professional development and networking opportunities.
• LEs can increase their confidence, executive presence and leadership abilities.
• LEs strengthen their knowledge of community issues and organizations that address those issues. Additional Requirements
• 1 or more years of experience in completing a variety of administrative tasks in a professional manner.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
How Do I Apply? Please visit https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/31815890 to apply directly! Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet