United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County is seeking a Veteran of the US Armed Forces and/or a current Reservist or member the Wisconsin National Guard as candidates for our 2018 Loaned Executive (LE) Program. The LE role is a temporary, full-time position from August 6, 2018 to December 12, 2018. United Way is a recognized national brand and is the largest funder of health and human services outside of the federal government. Funds raised by United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County remain local and are invested in nearly 220 programs at over 110 local nonprofit program partners. Each fall, large numbers of area companies hold a workplace giving campaign for United Way. During this busy time, Loaned Executives assist United Way’s permanent staff by serving as the liaison between participating companies and United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County. They help raise visibility which in turn helps in reaching the fundraising goal. Concentrated into four months of time, it is a tremendous opportunity to get acquainted with local issues and those working to address them. It’s also a chance to network within the local business and nonprofit community and make contacts throughout our community. What will you do?
• You will directly impact the community. The money you will raise goes directly to support programs that make a difference.
• You will receive top notch training, to include insider knowledge on how United Way raises funds and monitors success to be one of the most efficient nonprofits in the world! Besides fundraising, you’ll be trained on public speaking, executive presence and customer management.
• Once trained, you’ll be assigned a portfolio of companies that hold workplace giving campaigns. You will develop a positive, professional working relationship with the assigned companies’ ambassadors and assist them with planning and conducting a successful campaign! Responsibilities include providing necessary campaign materials, presenting to various employee groups and/or coordinating partner agency tours and speakers.
• Once you learn about our 110+ agency partners, you’ll want to share the amazing, heartfelt stories about the people they help. As you fundraise for United Way, you’ll educate your assigned companies’ employees about the impact United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County makes through funded programs and services. Raising donations will be something you can be proud of as you directly contribute to that success.
• You will share responsibility with other LE’s and United Way staff for achieving assigned dollar and participation goals by your professional interactions, effective follow-up and timely collection of campaign pledges.
• You will maintain records for assigned accounts including results and campaign activities. As the campaign wraps up, you’ll provide an evaluation with recommendations for each assigned company, outlining future growth opportunities. What skills do you need?
• Accountability! You need to be committed to making our community campaign successful and to helping your assigned companies do well. This is accomplished by your commitment to providing excellent customer service. You’ll also need be available to attend all related campaign meetings/functions.
• Ability to work independently, but also a desire and ability to work as a team – willingness to learn new skills and share knowledge with others. • Ability to adjust and work in a variety of work environments and cultures – from banking to manufacturing and everything in-between.
• Ability to multi-task, managing several projects at once by prioritizing and planning.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Why should you apply?
• The connections you will make. During your time as an LE, you will be working with company leadership – including CEO’s, business and community leaders and other United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County staff.
• The fantastic learning opportunities that you’ll receive. This is a resume building experience - you’ll receive training and become proficient in: fundraising, customer relationship management, project management, non-profit experience, and public speaking!
• LE’s strengthen their knowledge of community issues and organizations that address those issues.
• LE’s also increase their confidence, executive presence and leadership abilities! Additional
• Prefer Veterans separated from Active Duty within the last five (5-10) years.
• You’ll need a valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and auto insurance coverage as there is 30-50% travel to visit local companies during their campaign. Please note there is no overnight travel and mileage is reimbursed.
• A commitment of 40 hours per week, and an occasional evening or weekend.
• The ability to lift up to 25 pounds (to deliver campaign materials) and to walk, sit and stand for extended periods.
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of relatable work experience is preferred or an internship/community service equivalent.
• Prior sales experience is a plus.
Please visit https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/31794676 to apply directly! Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet